Monday, July 12, 2010

Review of "Molly's Money Saving Digest" for August


Storing Summer’s Bounty

Sometime last year, I found out about a great free e-newsletter and website with lots of money saving tips. I have enjoyed receiving Econobuster’s “A Minute with Molly” in my email, but I have been so busy lately, that I have been procrastinating on checking into the full digest version.

Now I do not know about you, but I have found that once I get busy, I get more disorganized and once I get disorganized, it is not so easy to pay attention to the budget! And once I am not paying attention to the budget, it is very easy to go over the budget!

Recently, I realized that I need to get back to some money saving techniques, but I have just felt unmotivated!

Then I got an opportunity to review the August Digest for Econobusters, so I jumped at the chance.

I set aside some of those tasks that have been keeping me so busy that I could not focus on my family’s financial well being as much as I would like, and sat down with the August issue of Molly’s Money Saving Digest.

It turned out that this ezine was just what I needed to get me moving again! I hope my review will help you know if you could use the type of information included in this publication as well!

“Molly’s Money Saving Digest” is a Monthly ezine that focuses on helping you to save money.

Not only does the Digest contain money saving ideas, it also includes time saving recipes and organizing tips that suit my lifestyle much better than some of the glossy magazines available, which are mostly advertisements anyway.

I found that the recipes are not too time consuming and do not include a lot of “exotic” ingredients that will be difficult to find and pricey. I love the way the “grocery shopping list” is listed in the digest so that you can easily add to your shopping list what you will need to try the recipe.

The August articles include: directions for freezing fresh produce to enjoy later, using a dehydrator, canning, making bread and shopping/couponing information that anyone can use. The ezine is very practical, but I also enjoyed the ideas for decorating my home beautifully and frugally.

The articles are well-written by people who are also interested in living a simple life so their tips on frugality are very doable! They also include additional resources and links that I can “click” to go right to the information which saves me more time!

My favorite thing in the Digest this month is the “Freezer Inventory” page that I can print out to help me keep track of what is in the freezer. Since our family grows and raises a lot of our own food, I really need to get (and keep) the Freezers organized.

There is a lot of fun, free stuff that goes with the Subscription ($3.95 per month) including e-books from TOS. You can also sign up for the free newsletter for more tips and ideas.

http://www.econobusters.com/

There are a number of other convenient ways to purchase Molly’s Money Saving Digest here at the Old Schoolhouse store including the Subscription and “Back Issues” or just order the August issue so you can check it out to see if you love it too:







I really got motivated this month by reading Molly’s Digest and I hope that you will check it out too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is great to hear from you!